ToddEngineering.co.uk is provided by Todd Engineering Ltd. We have an appointed DPO (Data Protection Officer). A DPO determines how and why personal data is processed.
What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Todd Engineering
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
The legal basis for processing this data is to perform a task in the public interest that is set out in law and is statute based.
Why we need it
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use ToddEngineering.co.uk. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on Toddengineering.co.uk
- how long you spend on each Toddengineering.co.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) on our website, so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- provide you with information about services if you want
What we do with your data
The data we collect will not be shared with third parties.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years, unless you are active within our network.
Children's privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 16 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 16.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to ToddEngineering.co.uk from another website
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us to make a complaint
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
This policy was last reviewed and updated on 24 May 2018.